Posted by USN Ireland on July 6, 2016
USN employee Ben Copeland recently decided to partake in his own Body Makeover Challenge after a holiday that mainly consisted of eating & boozing, the result of which was about a stone gained in weight.
“Once the holidays had ended I decided to take on the USN Body Makeover Challenge. My aim was to improve my general lifestyle and not only lose weight but get in the best shape of my life.”
Ben began the challenge with three goals in mind:
- To lose 10kg
- Not to consume alcohol for 12 weeks
- Try to get a six pack!
With help from friends at USN along with our diet guides Ben put together a plan to achieve his aims. Along with this he of course stacked some great USN supplements, namely:
- Pure Protein GF-1 (breakfast, post workout and before bed)
- BCAA Power Punch (intra workout and daily consumption)
- Amino Pro Nano Stack (pre training)
- B4 Bomb (pre workout when needed)
Along with the diet & supps Ben has done the following for the past 12 weeks:
- Fasting & cardio every single morning.
- Weight training 6 days a week.
- Post weight training cardio after every session.
- Had one cheat meal a week!
- Prepared meals in advance for every day
- Consumed at least 3 litres of water each day
On the 12 weeks he says that “This challenge was one of the toughest things I have done, however, I can honestly say it is also the best thing I have ever done. I feel more confident, healthier, happier and generally feel a 100 times better person than I was before. The hardest part of the challenge was not having any alcohol for 12 weeks straight but I can now say that I did it! Not one drop and I feel great for it!”
Ben says that one of the main things he has learned is his agreement with the mantra –“fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” He has completely applied this to his lifestyle with regard to what he is going to eat, cooking food the night before and knowing exactly when and where he will be able to train.
“The USN Body Makeover Challenge has changed me as a person in such a positive way and I will continue this lifestyle as time goes on. I can openly say that I truly challenged myself and accomplished my goal!”